6.27.2005

The Great State of the Mac

Alright, so I'm in Montana for my job--that's my real job, by the way, the one that allows me to pay rent and eat. I've been doing a lot of business traveling lately and whenever I get to a new town I take a few minutes and listen to the local radio stations. Granted, with the massive Independence-Day-Spaceship-like omnipresence of Clear Channel it gets harder and harder to distinguish one place from the other based only on the music coming out of a boom box, but I still enjoy trying.

Anyway it's 11:30 P.M. local time and for some reason a radio station way down on the dial, somewhere in the 88s I think, is playing, what I believe is Fleetwood Mac's Greatest Hits. Even better, they're doing it without commercial interruption. Now don't get me wrong, I like a Linsday Buckingham guitar solo as much as the next guy, but it's a little odd. At first, when Rhiannon segued into As Long As You Follow, I thought maybe it was a mistake--the DJ threw it on and went to pooh and didn't get back in time-- but it's been going on for half an hour now. So far I've heard just out everything you'd expect to hear except Go Your Own Way and Tusk. I'm really holding out for Tusk. Damn that's a good song.

Don't say that you love me!
Just tell me that you want me!

No comments: