7.14.2006

Wing Nut(s) of the Week: Save me Jeebus!!!


I know it's late in the day, and all of you Barrelhousers with jobs have gone home already, or perhaps to the Big Hunt or another such D.C.-area watering hole ... but I couldn't resist posting this link to a message board full of people who are awfully excited about the latest round of fighting in the Middle East.

As bghtnpd4 puts it:

I am excited beyond words that the struggle of this life may be over soon and I can finally be FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

*Shelle circles her fist over her head and imitates Arsenio Hall by yelling* WHOO-WHOO-WHOO

Not only am I impressed with bghtnpd4's enthusiasm, I'm psyched to see Arsenio Hall still getting a shoutout from someone. Don't ever accuse the Fundamentalist Christians of being behind the pop culture curve.

Then there's Maria, who says:

I sure will join you in your excitement! I haven't been watching the news lately, especially today, since my little ones hug the TV most of the time...


I'm guessing she means "hog." Then again, maybe Maria's just so darn busy crocheting "In Case Of Rapture..." throw pillows that her children have had to seek out love from inanimate household objects.

Finally, there's kidsintow123, who's cueing up the Boyz II Men CD and breaking out the scented massage oils for her Lord:

If He tarries, I will just have time to get my hair and nails done ... So i am all spiffied up for Him when He does arrive to take me home. No disappointment, just a few last minute details to take care of to be more pleasing to look at.

Be afraid, people. Be very, very afraid.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Urrr, ugh! Thanks for posting those comments-- I was dying to see the site at C&L. Unfortunately, they were closed for business when I got there.

Sheesh, whackjobs, the lot of 'em!