1.25.2008

The End of an Era

Ali Campbell has quit UB40 after almost 30 years, citing marital discord management problems.

"The other band members of UB40 are naturally disappointed and saddened after being together as a band unit and as good friends for almost 30 years," the statement said.

UB40's upcoming "24/7," which was recorded with Campbell, will be released as planned in May.
I urge you all to raise a glass of red, red wine to them tonight.

P.S.
This is a publicity stunt, probably. Otherwise, they may have sold just 2 albums in light of Alicia Keys being at No. 1 but still with pathetic sales. Who is Alicia Keys, you ask? Well, I'm GLAD you asked:
What's that? you're right, I CAN do better:

1 comment:

dave said...

As Bob Dylan said:

"I was thinking about Alicia Keys, couldn't help from crying

When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line

I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be

I been looking for her even clean through Tennessee".