10.13.2008

If I Had Enough Money...

I would buy all of the ad time on Fox News and just show this video over and over and over:



I recently saw a clip where 80+% of Fox News viewers thought McCain won the last debate. That's an astonishing number, and a dangerous one, but not because their viewers skew conservative. I'd feel just as strongly that it was worrisome if a channel had a viewership that felt the opposite. When a group of people gets all their news from the same source, and that source feeds a strong bias, and those people repeat that bias into a feedback loop, it hurts that population by preventing new viewpoints and new solutions.

But I'm being too serious. Really, I just want you to watch the video again. Because no matter what your political idealogy, "I hope you hit a whale on your way to France" is an amazingly funny line.

No comments: