In honor of National Poetry Month.
Because: If this ain't POETRY, then I dunno what IS.
Here are selected lyrics for various television theme tunes.
Without googling them, how many can you name?
Cause all I see is a tower of dreams
Real love burstin’ out of every seam
2. Guessed correctly by MIKE "The Great Space Coaster"
I believe I'll run on, see what the end will be
I believe I'll work on, find out what waits for me
4. Guessed correctly by NEIL ELLIS ORTS "Joanie Loves Chaci"
And suddenly, there's magic when you look at me
I feel like I'm in heaven every moment when you look at me
I want a happy ending
I’m tired of pretending
Won't let 'em get the best of me
(Wo wo wo wo!)
6. Guessed correctly by TMC "Saved By The Bell: The College Years"
And its all up to me how far I go
I'm standing at the edge of tomorrow
Just when you think there’s no one around who’s caring,
Along comes a friend who offers a hand in sharing,
And things start looking fine
8. Guessed correctly by MIKE "My Two Dads"
You can count on me
No matter what you do
You can count on me
No matter where you go
9. Guessed correctly by MIKE "Who's the Boss?"
Found the trail, and at the end was you
10. Guessed correctly by TMC "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"
She didn't care if the whole world looked
12. Guessed correctly by MATTKP "Solid Gold"
You know you can catch it
If you let the songs take control
The sound starts to glisten
The more that you listen
And slowly it turns into gold
There’s a magic in the early morning we found
When the sunrise smiles on everything around
You’ll have some fun now
With me and all the gang
Life’s not the French Riviera, believe me,
Life’s not a charity ball
Life is such a sweet insanity
The more you learn the less you know
17. Guessed correctly by NEIL ELLIS ORTS "The Partridge Family"
18. Guessed correctly by MIKE, "Perfect Strangers"
Standing tall, on the wings of my dream
Rise and fall, on the wings of my dream
Maybe the world is blind, or just a little unkind
20. Guessed correctly by JP "The Golden Girls"
Your heart is true
He just keeps on movin’
Ladies keep improvin’
Every day is better than the last
22. Guessed correctly by MATTKP "Charles in Charge"
New boy in the neighborhood
Lives downstairs and it is understood