4.13.2008

Jillie's Trivia Challenge, the FOURTH

In honor of National Poetry Month.

Because: If this ain't POETRY, then I dunno what IS.

Here are selected lyrics for various television theme tunes.

Without googling them, how many can you name?


1.
Cause all I see is a tower of dreams
Real love burstin’ out of every seam

2. Guessed correctly by MIKE "The Great Space Coaster"

A comet ride of fantasy
To a place where dreams are fast and free

3.
I believe I'll run on, see what the end will be
I believe I'll work on, find out what waits for me

4. Guessed correctly by NEIL ELLIS ORTS "Joanie Loves Chaci"
You look at me, soft as any touch could be
And suddenly, there's magic when you look at me
I feel like I'm in heaven every moment when you look at me

5.
I want a happy ending
I’m tired of pretending
Won't let 'em get the best of me
(Wo wo wo wo!)

6. Guessed correctly by TMC "Saved By The Bell: The College Years"
I'm standing at the edge of tomorrow
And its all up to me how far I go
I'm standing at the edge of tomorrow


7.
Just when you think there’s no one around who’s caring,
Along comes a friend who offers a hand in sharing,
And things start looking fine

8. Guessed correctly by MIKE "My Two Dads"
You can count on me
No matter what you do
You can count on me
No matter where you go


9. Guessed correctly by MIKE "Who's the Boss?"
There were times when I lost a dream or two
Found the trail, and at the end was you


10. Guessed correctly by TMC "Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego?"
Well she’ll ransack Pakistan & run a scam in Scandinavia

11. Guessed correctly by NEIL ELLIS ORTS "Maude"
Lady Godiva was a freedom rider
She didn't care if the whole world looked

12. Guessed correctly by MATTKP "Solid Gold"
The music has magic
You know you can catch it

If you let the songs take control
The sound starts to glisten
The more that you listen
And slowly it turns into gold


13.
There’s a magic in the early morning we found
When the sunrise smiles on everything around

14.
You’ll have some fun now
With me and all the gang

15.
Life’s not the French Riviera, believe me,
Life’s not a charity ball

16.
Life is such a sweet insanity

The more you learn the less you know


17. Guessed correctly by NEIL ELLIS ORTS "The Partridge Family"
We had a dream, we’d go travelin’ together

18. Guessed correctly by MIKE, "Perfect Strangers"
Standing tall, on the wings of my dream
Rise and fall, on the wings of my dream


19.
Maybe the world is blind, or just a little unkind

20. Guessed correctly by JP "The Golden Girls"
Your heart is true 
You're a pal and a confidante

21.
He just keeps on movin’
Ladies keep improvin’
Every day is better than the last

22. Guessed correctly by MATTKP "Charles in Charge"
New boy in the neighborhood
Lives downstairs and it is understood



*The "My Two Dads" answer puts Mike as the frontrunner...

16 comments:

Neil Ellis Orts said...

Is #11 Maude?

#17 is the Partridge Family.

The rest has me baffled. And I thought I knew my tv theme songs. Maybe a bunch of them are from the 90s? I kind of dropped out of tv in the 90s . . .

Neil Ellis Orts said...

wild wild guess . . .

Is #4 Joanie Loves Chachi?

It should be if it isn't.

jill alexander essbaum said...

Yes to all three!

(you got my stuff in yer email, ja?)

TMC said...

#6 is Saved by the Bell: the College Years

#10 sounds like Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

jill alexander essbaum said...

VERY good! On both counts!


I was hoping someone would get SBTB:TCY

Mike Ingram said...

#2 is The Great Space Coaster

#9 is Who's the Boss

Mike Ingram said...

And I think 18 is Perfect Strangers.

Mike Ingram said...

Also, I'm glad someone threw in some SBTB so TMC could play.

Next up will be nothing but Step by Step, Boy Meets World and Rugrats so he, CMQ, and the rest of the young'ins can play.

jill alexander essbaum said...

That's 3 points to you, Sir Mike!

The thing about Step by Step and other shows such like
--> I mighta mentioned this before, but an ex student of mine, her father was a writer and producer in LA and he created those shows. He was also a writer for Happy Days. So, he, like, invented the Fonz. Which is very cool. I think I remember her even saying that Patrick Duffy wrote one of her letters of recommend to get into college.

JP said...

Pretty sure the first one is Full House. 20, of course, is Golden Girls. 15 is fucking haunting me. I definitely know it.

The rest? He'll, I just woke up. I'll think later.

Unknown said...

12 - Solid Gold? not from memory, but deducing from lyrics
22 - Charles in Charge? I want Charles in charge of me.

Neil Ellis Orts said...

yeah, baby, i got yer stuff right here.

(and i should be working it instead of obsessively looking at your trivia questions, but you know, these things take time and procrastination.)

Mike Ingram said...

I think #8 might be My Two Dads.

Or, I have the tune in my head completely wrong.

Side note: an ex-girlfriend of mine was once in the fan club of that chick who starred on My Two Dads. And not ironically.

jill alexander essbaum said...

Correct on both counts-- the song and, alas, the sadness.

That chick was also the oldest daughter in Step by Step.

Becky said...

#1 is Full House. I thought the "Charity Ball" thing was from All in the Family but that seems too easy.

jill alexander essbaum said...

No, not Full House. :-/

I'll give a hint for that one, tho->

There was a mom, a dad, a son, one and a half daughters (ahh the mystery), an aunt, a cousin, a grandma, and one really annoying neighbor.