9.05.2008

Nous Frapperions Tout Totalement Cela

This libertarian blogger analyzes the "chthonic" appeal of Sarah Palin:

Palin exudes sexual confidence and maternal authority, which in a relatively conservative culture like ours is the most recognizable and viscerally comprehensible form of female power. It makes a lot of men uncomfortable, but that’s because it’s the kind of female power they are most often subject to, and most often fail to successfully resist. I spent much of my life taking orders from women a lot like Sarah Palin — women like my mother and my Iowa public school teachers. Indeed, it makes a lot more emotional sense for me to feel led by by a woman like that than by some hotshot Air Force pilot. When a guy with a buzzcut says “jump,” I say “screw you.” When a woman like Sarah Palin says “jump,” I am inclined to deferentially inquire into the requirements of this jump.
And the award winning comment goes to some dude named "Azed":
Dude, that was the longest and most profound explanation of the statement "I'd hit that" that I've ever seen.


NOTE: Picture above is Photoshop I totally stole from Deadspin.

1 comment:

Mike Ingram said...

Isn't this just a variant of the "every time Hillary Clinton talks all I hear is nagging" comments from certain talking heads during the primary?

Or, wait. If she reminds them of their mothers. And they want to fuck her. Let's just hope John McCain doesn't remind them of their fathers or Barracuda will be president before we know it.